This is a quick and light recipe for an easy weeknight meal or for a quick lunch . Pair these shrimps with a quick salad and crusty bread and voila dinner is ready !.
I like to make these with fresh shrimp , but you could use thawed frozen shrimp as well. Leave the shells on. Check out the step by step pictures and the recipe .
I like to use easy peel shrimp for this recipe. Use the large varieties. These here are cleaned , heads removed and deveined. If using whole shrimp remove the heads , and using a sharp kitchen scissors cut across the back to remove the intestines (the black vein) . Do not the remove the shell.
Time to make the marinade – mince or grate the garlic fine , finely chop the parsley and mix these with chili flakes, salt lemon juice and oil .
Gently pull the shell a little away from one side and push a little of the marinade in. Press it close . Repeat on the other side. Repeat with the remaining pieces of shrimp . Set aside . The shrimp does not need to be marinated for long, a few minutes is all that it takes.
Turn on the grill and set the temperature to high . Once it is hot (at least medium high) Place the shrimp on the grill pan and grill a few minutes 3 to 4 on each side .
Remove from the grill and let rest for a few minutes . Serve warm with a side salad and crusty bread . Or rest for a few minutes and remove from the shell and serve with pita bread.
- 1 lb Easy Peel Shrimp 1/2 Kg
- 3 Cloves Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Tsp Salt To Taste
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Chili Flakes To Taste
- 4 Tbsp Finely Chopped Parsley
- 1/2 Lemon Juiced
- Finely grate the garlic using a micro-plane. Mix all the ingredients except shrimp together to make the marinade. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Take one shrimp and carefully push open one side of the shell and place a little bit of the marinate inside, and press back to close . Repeat for the other side . Do the same for the remaining shrimp.
- Heat the grill pan or outdoor grill till it is medium hot .
- Place the shrimp on hot grill and grill for about 2 minutes each side . When done the shrimp will shrink a bit and change color . Serve warm .
To serve these off the shell , wait for 5 minutes after the shrimp is taken off the grill and peel off the shell.