Rich , fun and ready to share – if there is party bread , this is it . Hard to believe that it is just a doled up cousin of humble white bread . Nothing complex , just a bit of filling and shaping and voila we have an appetizer bouquet . I stuffed the bread with spiced cheese bits , but you are limited only by your imagination . Play with the shaping to get partially opened buds , or even make a bouquet of small garlic buds … the possibilities are endless .
Here is the bread dough we start with . Use your favorite bread dough , homemade or store bought . I have added some Italian seasoning to the mine just to for an added kick .
Roll out the dough into a rectangle , about 1/4 inch or so thickness . The dough used here weighed about 1 lb and it was rolled out to about 14″ X 14″ .
Soften about 4 tablespoons of butter and mix about 1/2 tablespoon (or to taste) of garlic and 1/2 tbsp of dried herbs and 1/ tsp salt . Spread the flavored butter on the dough reserving about 1/2 tbsp .
Cut the dough into rectangles about 2″ wide and 4 ” to 5″ long .
Slice each rectangle as shown above and roll .
Coat the rolls with the reserved butter . Or you can lightly grease them . Oil a circular baking dish and arrange the rolls side by side on it with the cut sides facing up . Cover and let it rise until almost doubled about 30 to 45 minutes . Move the petals gently for the the final look . Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 30 to 40 minutes .
Cool in pan for about 10 minutes . Gently unmold , and transfer to a serving plate .
- To make individual buds / blossoms use a muffin pan or cupcake molds to bake individual rolls .
Layer the rectangles with cheese or filling of your choice before rolling
Keep the width of the rectangles below 3 inches for the bread to hold its shape during the final rising and baking
Garlic Pull Apart Bouquet Bread
- Bread dough - 1 lb
- Unsalted Butter - 4 Tbsp softened
- Dried Herbs - 1/2 Tbsp your favorites
- Garlic - 1/2 Tbsp Minced
- Salt - 1/2 tsp to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Roll the bread dough into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Mix the softened butter with the remaining ingredients. Smear the butter over the rolled dough .Using a sharp knife or a pizza wheel cut the dough into smaller rectangles or roughly 2" X 4 " in size .
- Make sharp cuts on the dough so that it looks like a wide toothed comb (see above pictures ) and roll along the length .
- Arrange the rolls in a circular cake pan and let rise for 30 minutes tor ill almost doubled . Transfer to the oven and bake for about 30 to 40 minutes .
- Cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes .
- Gently remove and transfer to a serving plate .
Important: Values are only estimates. Actuals vary depending on ingredients and serving size.