Defrost the frozen puff pastry sheets . Usually one can leave these on the counter for 20 minutes while the oven is preheating .Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Wash and trim the berries . If there are any large berries halve them . The goal is to get them into uniform size. Warm 2 tablespoons of jam till it is runny . I prefer strawberry jam but most any will do . Cut the sheets into 4″X4″ squares . Poke them all over with a fork . Brush with a little melted jam . Arrange the strawberries in the center leaving about half an inch from the sides . Fold the sides over . This helps to catch the juices while cooking .
Easy Strawberry tarts made with fresh strawberries and puff pastry sheets . A wonderful quick treat for guests . This is one of the quick dishes that kids will have fun making as well .
- 1 Puff Pastry sheet
- 1 Pint Strawberries
- 2 Tbsp Strawberry Jam or more
- Powdered Sugar / Whipped Cream
- Thaw the puff pastry sheets . Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).Wash and trim the strawberries .Warm the strawberry jam till it is runny .
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into squares of 4" sides .Poke the squares with a fork .
- Brush with melted jam .Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Arrange the berries on the pastry sheet leaving 1/2" to 1" border.Fold the sides over itself. or pinch to create a thicker border .Repeat with the remaining squares.Brush the remaining jam over the tarts .
- Transfer to the preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool in pan for at least 5 minutes.Transfer to the serving plate .
- Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar or top with whipped cream .
Liked this recipe ? Share here